Senior Developer

What you'll be doing
~70% of your time will be spent building out backend services for a cryptocurrency fintech platform project. The other 30% will be supporting the team that works for you to help them successfully deliver projects, advance their skills and careers, and to instil good software development principles.

We do the general agile-esque style of development, so it's going to be completing software task tickets, interaction with QA regarding bugs, writing tests, and otherwise writing code that will stand the test of time.

The number of years that you've been developing software doesn't matter as much as everything else does. We welcome strong leadership qualities and those that show initiative.

What we're using
Spring Boot 2 w/Java 11, Lombok, Apache Maven and Avro, Liquibase, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, ELK stack, Grafana, among others.

There is a lot of opportunity to get in deep with modern Java technology, and build scalable, maintainable software from the ground up.

What you need to be

  • Senior level Java experience or equivalent knowledge
  • Deep knowledge in at least one systems focused programming language. If you've gone wide on languages, we need to see sufficient depth
  • Worked on projects from the ground up, or owned the development of major features
  • Able to pick up ideas quickly, prototype them, and make technical judgements that propel the team forward
  • Able to communicate effectively and understand the requirements of the product
  • Proven leadership experience

What would be even better

  • Knowledge and experience with C++
  • OSS contributor to major packages, or maintaining your own
  • Knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and the supporting software
  • Bilingual(ish)! Fluent Chinese with business English
  • Bilingual(ish)! N2 Level Japanese with business English
  • Your code in production environments
  • Experience in mentoring other developers

Apply for this position